top of page
381 West First Street
This house was built in 1896 for Thomas O'Brien. The property remained in the O'Brien family
until 1950 when it was sold by the widow of James O'Brien. James O'Brien worked from 1900-1925 for the city as a street car conductor, driver for the Elmira Fire Department, hoseman for the Elmira Fire Department, and a firefighter.
We purchased this property in 2014. Its two apartments each feature two bedrooms, a living room, dining room, laundry room, hardwood flooring, as well as updated kitchens and bathrooms. Additional amenities and utilities at this building include off-street parking, water, sewer, and trash collection.
bottom of page