top of page
524 West Water Street
This house was built in 1887 for Judge Frederic Collin. He was a prominent Elmira attorney, president of the Board of Education, Mayor of the City of Elmira, Associate Judge of the Court of Appeals, and later an official referee in the state courts. He lived in the house until his death in 1939, when the property was transferred to Mrs. Mary Batty, who operated the building as the Glendale Sanitarium until 1973, when it was converted to six 1-bedroom and three 2-bedroom apartments.
We purchased this property in 2010, and its features include hardwood and laminate flooring, updated kitchens and bathrooms, a large center hallway and grand staircase, and a large front porch. Additional amenities and utilities at this building include a laundry center, off-street parking, water, sewer, and trash collection.
bottom of page