top of page
371 West First Street
This classic Queen Anne was built in 1898. From 1900 to 1905, Harry Beardsley, secretary and treasurer of the Elmira Water, Light and Railroad Co. lived here. Other occupants have included commercial travelers, widows, an employee of the Willys Morrow Co., a representative of the Armstrong Auto Supply Co., a salesman for the Ward LaFrance Truck Co., employee of the J. C. McCarthy & Sons, marble and granite workers, and a teacher. In 1930, it was converted into 8 apartments; two studios, five 1-bedrooms, and one 2-bedroom, each of which were gutted and rebuilt in 2008.
We purchased this property in 2014, and it features new hardwood flooring throughout, new kitchens with tile floors, granite countertops, and stainless steel appliances, new bathrooms, and a washer/dryer unit in each apartment. Additional amenities and utilities at this building include off-street parking, heat, water, sewer, and trash collection.
bottom of page